Saturday, April 2, 2011
Bag and Capture
I really really love when people turn things-that-are-not-bags into bags. I've seen people do AMAZING stuff with nontraditional materials - juice pouches, chip bags, you name it. My project was a little simpler (win for making a bag from a rice bag that already had a zipper), but I'm still pleased with how it came out.
I made a lining with orang and colored-pencil print fabric, plus a pocket out of the colored pencil fabric. Bags like this *need* and inner pocket for me, unless I'm using it as a grocery tote or something. The lining is a little baggier than it needed to be, but it doesn't bunch up quite like this picture when there's stuff in it.
This is the D-ring where the strap attaches - it can be unhooked and tucked into the bag if one wants to hold it by the short handles the bag comes with, like this:
This is the corner of the bag - the original bag was sewn together completely flat, so I turned in the bottom corners and sewed them to give the bag a flatter bottom and a bit more structure. It's a few inches wide on the bottom. Height and width-wise, it's big enough for my 13" Macbook with a little extra room, although it won't fit my Macbook case, as mine is a little bulky. :P
I've used it a couple of times since making it, and I'm pretty pleased. It's really great for a notebook or two and some pens on the days when I have a light class load and don't want to haul a backpack around. I think that's pretty much everything there is to know about this bag! So I'll leave you, but not without one final picture of the finished product:
Labels:
arts and crafts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment